Thursday, December 17, 2015

Almond Cardamom Thumbprint Cookies

It's the last week of the Fall Semester at school, and somehow I got the idea that a cookie swap would be fun at the end of semester faculty party. This meant carefully choosing a simple item or two I could manage to contribute on a week where I'm getting home late every night from doing extra paperwork. 

The good news is that this recipe will be every bit as simple as last week's Stollen was complicated. While Grandma Irene tried to uphold her parents' tradition, my Nanna's mother was raised on a Mennonite farm. The simple cooking style that was passed down to her included making thumbprint cookies at the holidays. Marmalade reminds me of her, too, since she had a sour orange tree in her yard in Phoenix. 

I wanted to add cardamom to spice them up a bit, and almond flour adds flavor and protein--this recipe is adapted from one at FoodAndWine.com. I hope you enjoy them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment