Saturday, May 21, 2016

May Update

Hi everyone - I just realized I haven't posted at all this month. Life has been so crazy that I haven't even had the energy to be creative. End of semester testing and paperwork, numerous visits to the vet's office, oh, and there was the strike. I've been eating as well as I can through it all and finding that the change in what I'm eating is helping me feel better than I'd have thought. I'm taking some time off this summer, so I should be able to think of some really fun stuff to share.

Of course, in the midst of all the madness of the last couple of months, my trusty food processor went kaput (RIP). The motor was fine, but that little plastic thingy on the lid that locks it broke off. Wah! I got a new one and I'm really happy with the one I chose, as it also acts as a mandolin slicer, slicing evenly with adjustable thickness. Check out the three thicknesses of radishes (thinnest setting and next two) and the cucumber (thickest setting). I wanted to keep slicing and test all the settings at once, but a girl can only eat so many radishes on one bowl of black beans. I love the paper-thin look of the radish at the top, and I don't have to worry about slicing off my fingertips with the mandolin!

The top of the processor has a feeding tube with two options, a small tube for skinny things and the standard feeding tube for wider things like whole blocks of cheese, which I haven't tried yet.

You adjust the thickness with a sliding lever that lowers or raises the blade. Pretty nifty, no? That's all for today - see you after the end of the semester!



No comments:

Post a Comment