Sunday, June 14, 2015

Cool Cucumber Green Smoothie

I'm working on a sinful version of sticky buns using croissant dough, but the experimentation phase is taking a little longer than I hoped! In the meantime, I thought I'd share my green smoothie du jour. Those delicious little Persian cucumbers are in season, and were on sale this week, so I made sure to use one.
-a fistful of greens (mixed salad greens today, but you could use kale, spinach, chard, romaine, whatever you've got)
-1 small apple, cored and cut into chunks
-1/2 ripe banana
-1/2 to 1 cup cucumber, half the peel removed
-1 Tbsp ground flaxseed 
-cold water
Put it all in a powerful blender (you might opt to peel everything if you have a gentler blender) and enjoy! Mine wasn't the prettiest color, since I didn't have avocado on hand to brighten it up, but it kind of looks like a pureed kiwifruit. One of the pics has apricots on the side, but those are so good right now that I will only eat them plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment