Herbs and baby greens are really beautiful right now, but of course, you could also make any of these things with pesto from a jar or made by your local market. Nobody will care, or if they do, they won't say anything because they love you and that's the most important thing about people you share food with.
- The classic: toss with spaghetti, gnocchi or shells, top with grated cheese.
- Roast or steam some carrots, toss them with the pesto.
- Roast or steam some new potatoes and/or turnips, toss with the pesto.
- Tuna, white bean and pesto salad (pictured): toss one can of drained, rinsed white beans with 1/2 cup pesto. Top with red onion and/or halved cherry tomatoes. Serve as is or on a bed of salad greens.
- Mix with ground chicken for pesto meatballs.
- Use instead of tomato sauce for pizza, baked or grilled.
- Spread on crostini.
- Use instead of mayo on a cheese or turkey sandwich.